Friday, March 09, 2007

Work vs meetings

Yesterday at work was one of those days when you kind of wonder what the point is, except as an exercise in spending money. I was in meetings from 9-12. Came back from lunch to find another meeting had been put in from 2-3, so had to rush and prepare for that. Then a final very political meeting from 3-4. By the time I had got through those I was pretty frustrated that I hadn't actually got any work done that day (but had more actions from each of those meetings). The only time I really did anything was from 7.30am when I got into work, before we had coffee.



I was hurting too, I don't know if I've slept badly on my shoulder or maybe its because I've been on call for a bit and so carry my laptop every day, but my right shoulder hurts. It was even painful to look down when I had breakfast yesterday. Fortunately its a lot better today, but I was of a mind... It was getting late, was I going to drive to cooking and make it worse (driving makes my back play up when its hurting), plus it was fish pie... and I really don't like fish - even the smell of it makes me feel queesy most times.



So I decided to work late, get some of the things done I hadn't and at least feel I had achieved something. By the time I left gone 7pm I had caught up on all the emails of the day and managed to get my Inbox down from about 250 to 78 emails that I really needed to do something about pretty soon. That actually felt like an achieving day bizarrely, which is something I need, to feel that I've actually done something for the day.

No comments: