Friday, March 16, 2007

More ramblings

I think I'm slowly processing what was said and everything and what all this means. Its a good thing. I just remembered another thing she said, which I wanted to write down for me, so I remembered it.



She said lifestyle choices can help. Simple things.



Exercise

Fresh air

Not skipping meals

Regular bed times

Avoid too much caffeine and alcohol



Well, I walkabout 3 miles a day to and from work, which tends to be fairly fresh air :). I don't skip meals anymore, even if I have low appetite. I always eat something. I try to get to bed at a reasonable regular time, because I get up so early.

I don't drink really, and I only have caffeine in the mornings. So I was pretty pleased that between us we had basically covered off all the practical things we could have done. That was a nice feeling, being able to say that to her and show I had tried.



The only thing that had started to make me a little nervous is a few people have commented why I was not given something to directly treat the anxiety rather than just depression. I've done some reading, spoke to a few people and there are mixed comments about Celexa/Cipramil/Citalopram helping anxiety. Comments were made about Lixapro/Cipralex being a combined treatment.



Well, I don't know. I guess its something I didn't know to ask about before. I just knew whens he said prozac could make anxiety worse, I said ummm no I really dont need that. So I will ask when I go back in 3 weeks, just ask why one against the other and see what she says. At least now I know this might be something I need to watch out for and have the informed question.



So I really appreciate people asking me that question!



Apart from that just tired, woke at 1am feeling sick and havent really got back to sleep. Time for work now, thank heaven its Friday!

No comments: