Monday, March 05, 2007

Time for bed

Grrrr



and now I just got called by work. A server I had been building, we've been allocated a duplicate IP address. It didn't show as duplicate when I checked, I think maybe the interfaces weren't configured. Not sure. Or I mistyped (always a possibility). It was shutdown by someone at work after I'd left because of it and they'd left me an email, not a text message.



I started work on it again tonight, playing catchup... saw it wasn't booted and thought "hmmm must have shut it down not rebooted it when I left, easily done" and so of course booted it. Causing the same thing again.



If they'd have called or texted I would have known, but I deliberately avoid checking my email in the evenings if I am working - then you just get nothing done, like in the days.



Oh well. Guess the day at work finished like it started...

No comments: