Monday, December 11, 2006

Walks and weekends

I always used to dread my birthday, it was a time to remind me how lonely I felt when I was trapped in my marriage. How all our friends were really "her" friends. I avoided it except for the minimum needed for the boy to enjoy spoiling his dad.

This year was so different and so special thanks to my friends and my family. I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. The generosity of people astounds me. Thankyou!!

My boy and ex took me out to dinner and we had a nice time, then curled up just the boy and I to enjoy it. It was great. The weekend was good too, a busy combination of putting up decorations, going to visit Basildon Park (a country house) to see their georgian decorations. There was also a treasure trail to spot all the reindeers hidden around. Afterwards we walked in the gardens. Such a beautiful spot in the sun. The rest of the weekend found its own way. A great weekend. A great birthday.






No comments: