Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ooooops

I feel terribly guilty. Well ok now I don't feel guilty, but I did feel a kind of pang of honesty.... (well, it may have been indigestion, I'm not really sure... I'm not used to what honesty feels like now) but it was a real genuine mistake and somehow I can't bring myself to feel too bad about it now (not considering I bought the boy's PC in that shop before Christmas and I've seen how much they've been reduced in the sales).

Dad and I popped to well known UK PC store earlier to look around. I picked up a 1gb usb flash pen very cheap and Dad spoiled the boy by getting him a verrrrrrrrrrry good webcam so we can both see him (Hmmmm at that webcam, its SO much clearer than mine and we all know how much I love webcams *blush*... it follows you and every, its so tempting!!!). I wanted to get the boy a nice chair for the Computer Desk that my parents gave him for Christmas. We saw a nice swivel adjustable chair with arms and it was a bargain at 15 pound. Only thing though they only had black, not blue. Oh well we said, and bought two. One for the boy, one for Dad. We got to the til and they registered at 35pound EACH! Oh no we said... it had a big reduced sign on the example chair, and it did, we showed them! The black chair on display said reduced to 15. The nice man on the til punched in the override and cut it down to 30pound for the pair, as we thought.

As we got out the store we kinda hmmmed a little about it as someone had whispered in Dad's ear just after we left that he thought that was only for the blue ones... but we couldnt see the colour making THAT much difference in price. Well, we checked up on the web when we got home and sure enough... Blue office char, out of stock.. reduced from 30pound to 15. Black office chair, in stock... 35pounds. Guess someone must have moved the price sign when they sold the last one!

Well it was a genuine mistake and all credit to the store for being so good as to just reduce the price like that at the til, and the little boy is very very happy!! Plus it serves them right for trying to charge us 35 quid for 15m network cable that I ended up buy for 5quid on ebay!!!

No comments: