Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lost in...

Listening to the Chris Moyles show this morning on the Radio in the car, they were debating movies. We will leave the commenting about Donnie Darko out of it
as some things are too sacred... and dark movies are one of them).

Lost in Translation was the love it or hate it movie. Most of them hated it, thought it was boring and nothing happened. Personally, I loved it with a passion. It moved me and made me think, unsettled me, left me feeling for the characters and ultimately left me feeling happier about fleeting moments and life's little lost moments.

It reminded me of those times in Hong Kong as a stranger in a strange land, wondering where your place is geographically as well as emotionally in life. Those were the times my wife was pregnant and suffering back in the UK but I had to be out there on work and desperately wanted to be anywhere else, yet was scared of what the future might bring, would I be a good dad? could I cope? Would my wife be ok with all the problems she was having? Feeling so helpless and impotent and yet having to deal with all this while in a place I didn't belong.


The film brought back all those moments as well as those times in your own town where... well... I think you either understand where I am coming from or you don't.

Have you seen it?

Did you love it and just wallow in the journey of too people, knowing it couldn't wouldn't have a nice hollywood end as our journeys don't, they care on?

Did you find it boring and thought nothing happened?



I am curious...

No comments: