Tuesday, December 12, 2006

School plays

Awwwwww. Tonight I saw my boy in his school play, "Hansel and Gretel" and it was just so damn cute. It had all the right components. Jokes above the kids heads, kids stage struck and staring at their mums and dad's and waving, kids forgetting their lines and tripping over each other.

Just beautiful. They looked like they loved every minute of it. The boy was a "sandman" and part of the choir and danced on stage with his tinsel at the appropriate bit when Hansel and Gretel slept. I've never had chance to go to his plays before, this is the first time it was in an evening, and I am so glad... it made me smile and laugh a lot. It was so much fun. The school did really well. I'm really glad I finally got to see his school and meet his teacher too. When I went to get him after he had changed he was in a bundle of other children wrapping their arms around a pretty blonde teachers assistant as she is leaving soon. All I can say is thats my boy and he has great taste!!!

This evening, afterwards, we sat and cuddled and watched tv as the ex is out at her work Christmas party. He was tired so he lay up with a cushion in my lap, nestling his head down so I could stroke his hair and face (see, he really DOES take after me). He's tucked in bed now and I'm giving him some time to get to sleep before I go curl up in there.

I'm so proud of my boy.

No comments: