Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sunshine

Yesterday, on the drive down to my parents, I saw sunshine for the first time in two weeks! I'd kind of forgotten just how bright it was (as I fumbled around in a traffic jam trying to change my normal glasses for my prescription sunglasses so I could actually see). OK, so it only lasted about half hour and was gone by the time we got here, but it was a welcome sight. The UK can be so grey in winter...

It was actually nice to see my sister for once, as she was still down here doing the handover of which sibling my parents had for Christmas. Her kids are a little older now and so more fun. Her eldest boy is still a bit of a well, odd, little one, but her youngest is the most adorable little boy who was two in October. He was running around with a big smile getting under feet, peeking up out of no where, hugging, kissing, getting his funny little words mixed up, crying, screaming and doing all the other totally adorable things two year olds do. Made me smile a lot as he reminded me of a friends little girl who is just a little younger, so I kissed the hell out of him and his sweet little pout when he pulled a cracker and he didn't get the bit with the present in. Well, you have to get the kisses in where you can.

I'm almost wishing I brought my laptop down now though, I really didn't sleep well last night and didn't want to put the TV on or come outside in case I disturbed anyone else. The break from using a computer all the time will do me good though. (Shhhhh this doesn't count, this is known as updating my blog for sanity purposes while "investigating my parents new DVD's").

So now, sipping my latte made with the lovely coffee machine my parents bought me... and trying not to yawn too much.

1 comment:

ScarlettLeopard said...

ah so I"ve been downgraded from Mistress to friend now hmm? *grin*