Friday, December 15, 2006

Nights and schools

So after being a right miserable little sod Wed night after I missed my boy, and after half-scaring myself to death on the drive home that night (I hate driving in the dark... the glare of oncoming traffic is blinding), I bit the bullet and asked the ex-wife-to-be if I could stay over again Thurs for the course.

As well as protecting my sanity and stopping me getting worn out on the drive home, it meant I got to be with my boy. The ex's cold decided to come out so we packed her off to bed so it helped her out too - I could look after the boy for the evening and not worry about her and I getting on each others nerves. He was tired, so we curled up on the couch and watched Cats and Dogs (god I love little beagle pups!) and then got him into bed. I didn't sleep well but it was nice to just lay there and listen to his breathing from the other bed. There are worse ways to spend an hour or two in the middle of the night.

She had to get to work early, so once I had woken him up I got to walk him to school by myself. So tonight I will probably be a miserable git again, but then I get to go get him tomorrow :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're allowed some moments of being a miserable sod, as long as you dont mind us dragging you kicking and screaming out of it ;)