Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing day, how appropriate

Today was one of those days which brings you back to a point in time you really don't want to be. Also one of those days that makes you say roll on two years so I can file for divorce and really *relish* saying "the-ex".

When I got to the ex's to spend the morning with them she was quiet, she had tummy ache and hadn't slept well (as she had stayed over at her parents) so was quiet and a little crabbit. I left her to it and just played with the boy while she went upstairs. It was ok til her parents turned up with the bike she bought the boy and then it got awkward. She got very uptight and childish... Started asking over and over again if the bike was too small while they adjusted the seat, and increasingly stressed and uptight about whether it was too small. She started getting crankier in how she spoke, bitchy harsh comments... I did not like the way she spoke to the boy when she thought he had trod mud into the front room so I took him upstairs for a minute while they adjusted the bike. This kind of went on until after they had gone when we had a very childish comment of "I'll just have to sell the bike and then try and buy a new one" when we'd all said it was just fine. I said I had better go and got the retort of "if you go you aren't coming back and we'll deal with it all through the courts". Lovely.

So she went upstairs to sulk when they had gone, ummm i mean to go rest as her tummy hurt and the boy and I played before he fell asleep on my lap til she came down after she had slept too and we had lunch. The thing that cut me up most though was when the boy said "he really wasn't used to this anymore", meaning the arguing. I should take that as a good thing... that he knows it doesn't happen anymore, yet at the time it just felt so bad that we had put him through all that for so long.

I don't like that place it puts me when she is in that sort of mood. She bitched I didn't talk to her parents, well she always bitched I didn't talk to people... but you try talking to anyone when your wife makes you feel like every word you say is wrong or stupid or going to cause an argument.

Roll on August. I just worry sometimes what she is like with the boy when I'm not around. He seems ok though, I do watch out for what he says.

No comments: