Monday, December 25, 2006

Magical Christmas

We had a great Christmas. Yesterday going to Church for the Christingle service. It was lovely, sitting together as a family even though we are not together, getting lots of cuddles from the boy. The really cute girl dressed up as an angel (except all in black, with piercings) two rows in front didn't hurt. I had to laugh, my ex just turned to me and gave me a look when she walked in and sat down a little late. She knows my tastes far too well!

The boy was very over-excited but fell asleep really quickly when we got him to bed. He even managed to sleep in til 8am by some amazing fluke. The boy was just a delight and we had a wonderful morning. He loved all his presents and was so excited over the smallest thing he was given. It was lovely to see. He was shocked when he opened the PC and once it had settled in he kept saying over and over how much he loved his new PC and giving me hugs. We sat and played with it for a little and I showed him how to do some of the things on it, he wanted to watch tv on that rather than the proper TV :). The ex had to pop out for a bit so he and I had some lovely time just to ourselves playing with some of his things.

Now we'll have to get his bedroom sorted out so he can get it all setup, its an incentive for him to get his toys sorted out ;-). We had a good morning and it was very relaxed and just nice being together the three of us. When it came to 1pm they had to go off to her parents for dinner so it was time to come home. Yesterday her parents asked if I wanted to come for dinner. It was really sweet of them to ask and I am really touched. Unfortunately with it being so late it was hard to plan anything or find out what time it was going to be (or even get used to the idea). I'd had a really great time and I didn't want to spoil it or intrude on their time, or get involved in any conflicts on their family.Plus, no one was quite sure when lunch was going to be and I really do not like driving back in the dark, so... I said thankyou so much and took my flask of coffee and went walking for a wonderful hour and a half in the hills.

It was a great day, and the happiest Christmas I can remember. Its the first one I can remember without an argument.

I miss him like hell now, of course, and feel a lil sensitive and lost... but just til tomorrow when I see him again.

No comments: