Sunday, October 01, 2006

Who is the kid?

So. Change of plans. The boy phoned up in tears, missing his Daddy. Its got to him that he misses me and that only two kids in his square don't have a Daddy with them all the time. We chatted, he sounded a little happier then I sent him for his bath.

Ex on the phone though is being very self-pitying, "what have i done wrong that he is upset, i havent done anything bad...". So very much against herself. Why can't it just be he had a good weekend and misses me? Now she is blowing it all out of proportion. How she reacted... he now wants to come live with me full time and see her at weekends. Big pity-party brewing from the ex, so I am afraid I hung up on her. I really do not have to listen to her anymore now when she does this. She is the adult. He is the child. Its about time she realised this.

1 comment:

snarkly said...

I think (eventually) she got the point when it shocked her out of it. We talked via yahoo (its so much easier sometimes, especially with our history - it takes the emotion out of it). Once she calmed down I reminded him what happened at school last week, that he was obviously nervous about going back. What kid likes school every day? Wanting to go back to Daddy is so much easier.

So now she is thinking of him again and not just how it made her feel. I find it hard to be a hard-ass with her, but she needs it. I regret not doing it when we were together and I know what a mess it made of things. Now my responsibility is for myself and for the boy so I will NOT put up with it.

At least I can go to sleep knowing it will work itself out.