Sunday, October 01, 2006

The boy

My boy has changed so much in the last few months. He is getting so independent, its seems to have happened so suddenly he's always out wanting to play with his friends, play games by himself. Just little things. I expected this. What I didn't expect was what else has happened...

He is so much more cuddly when HE feels the need now. He was always affectionate but its so much more. He'll come curl up on my lap, just spontaneously hug me, blow me kisses when we talk on the phone. It's lovely. Last night, down at my parents, we ended up curled up on one of the beds watching tv and he decided he just wanted to rub my back while we watched, tucked up behind me. It's almost like now he knows what he wants to do, he also wants me closer to share it.

The last couple of weekends he's told me he wished the weekend were longer, so he could spend time on me. He is going to a beaver/scout funday next Sat and asked if I'd pick him up after and bring him back here, so he didnt miss anytime with me that he didnt have to.

Our relationship is changing and its beautiful, I'm beginning to feel like his friend as well as his Dad. On the drive yesterday we talked about school and he told me about the gang of girls that had egged on some older boys to fight with him and a couple of his other friends as they are all so much younger. We've talked about so many things this weekend before I finally shut him up by sitting on him and having a playfight. When that happened I thought... just wow, this is going to be great.

These are just such special special times.

No comments: