Sunday, October 01, 2006

Parting

I dropped the landlady off yesterday for her trip back home. It has been a glorious two weeks with her. We have become so much closer as friends, understanding and accepting each other even if we don't always agree. We have giggled like schoolgirls, sat quietly watching tv and dozing and spent hours putting the world to rights. I ate too much, as normal. Two wonderful weeks.

I didn't feel like coming back here to an empty house with the boy afterwards, to mope and feel something was missing... so spur of the moment drove down to my parents on the coast. It was great to spend an unhurried day with them, even if i did end up having to fix their PC. Still, its kind of a tradition, fixing their PC everytime I go down :). The boy and I got back very late last night but it was just perfect. Today we cuddled, talked, played, popped out for a car boot that never happened, got wet giggling round the market, had lunch... Neither of us wanted it to end. It used to feel such a strain at weekends, trying to keep him amused, wanting it to be good so he wanted to come here, making it drag on and on and feel more tired by the end of the weekend. Now though... now it goes so quick I can't believe its been. Sunday evenings were the hell of loneliness when the house became silent. Now its a quick chance to get my breath back before work and the house still feels filled with his laughter. I miss my friend, my landlady, but... all I can feel is the warmth she brought to this house, not her abscence.

This is such a nicer place to be.

No comments: