Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back to work

Monday at work was tiring. I didn't get anything done I had planned. What is it about me and walking into a dead server at 7am? Just lucky I guess! It kept me busy though as well as having the mickey taken out of me all day about the coffee girl and how i had missed her getting dressed up for charity last week. This will run and run but if you give it out you have to take it back gracefully, so I blushed lots and frequently. She is cute though.

Coming home last night I honestly dreaded. I was tired, being unkind to myself and ready to crawl into the house and lock out the world. I made myself cook before anything, before apathy hit and I did quite enjoy it. Cooking for one is no fun but it was a nice meal. Idly read through the blogs and came across a comment that took my breath away. Thankyou, you know who you are. You changed my evening around and opened up the world again as a place I wanted to explore and be part of. It was infectious, I managed to help my best friend cheerfully looking up things for her, came out of my timidness and didn't let myself be pushed away by a very lonely and hurt new friend who in the end was grateful for the company even if just chatting online, and I giggled like a schoolgirl with another friend on the phone as the evening closed.

I am so very grateful you thought of me as it let me be there with and for those others when I had really felt like shutting everyone away.

No comments: