Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

OK, so, an event with wine and nibbles for halloween at work was NOT a good idea considering my lack of tolerence to wine compared to other alcohol.

I may have said a few slightly more honest comments than normal, but nothing really bad... just stuff I really wanted to say but was too timid. I was very helpful and proactive about it anyway, offering help to a girl in our team when someone REALLY pissed me off by offering her lots of "you should do it this way" and then buggering off probably leaving her confused. I offered her the one bit of advice i live by, do it the way you understand. It may not be the best way but, if it works its better than fucking it up.

I don't like the guy and he is always supercilious and condescending and full of advice when its not HIM thats doing the work.

But, anyway, ok so having had indepth technical discussions with my boss while trying NOT to slur my words, giving my true and honest opinion of vendors and people in the company and yet STILL knowing I was being positive and proactive and generally hopefully and helpful. Even if rambling a little.

So I've now told a few people some truths on quite what they've meant to me when I've been too scared to say before, now I need to get mushy on someone else and she isn't here at the moment so this will do.

Mistress, I adore you. You may think you know how much but I don't think you do. You leave me without words and have helped me be such a stronger person because you expect what I am capcable of not what I think I can do. I know how you are, I know your strengths and weaknesses and adore them all. I am proud, honestly truly proud to be your friend let alone anything else. You are... special.

Yours

Your puppy.

No comments: