Sunday, August 20, 2006

Truly scary

It is. Honestly. Scarier than I could of imagined, and I can imagine a lot.

Our new boss (our managers manager) at work seems.... normal. There, I said it, out loud, for everyone to hear and I dont think the world has ended yet. Not quite yet.

Despite my sarcastic comments at work that he has done more useful work this week than his predecessor did in four years (because the new guy had held the door open for me), I am still strangely hopeful.

The evidence:

He recognised that JFDI happens (just fucking do it) no matter how hard you try... you just have to control it. What happened to managers hiding their heads in the clouds of perfect worlds?

He says hello to us every day.

He chats.

He laughs.

He introduced himself to us on the first day. Not the second month...

He gets angry.

He says "thats bullshit".

He seems to know what planet we are on.



I just so hope he doesn't get worn down by those above him or find he suddenly has no power and get's castrated and JFDI'ed himself...

but for now... wow. I forgot managers like this existed!

No comments: