Wednesday, August 23, 2006

PC gone mad

So. Boomerang has agreed to go through its entire catalogue of cartoons (such evils as Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo and god forbid The Flintsones) and remove any scenes that might glamourise smoking. This was after one (yes ONE) viewer complained after Tom was seen to try and impress a girl cat by smoking a cigar.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-08-22-cartoon-smoking_x.htm

You know, I am going to sleep better at night knowing my boy is protected from such things.

This is a 50 year old cartoon! These are cartoons where the cat goes round trying to beat the living daylights out of a mouse! I don't see my boy going off and trying to do that. Let's just ban them for promoting violence to small furry animals (and I have a personal interest in protection of such things...)! Let's ban Scooby Doo for promoting criminal escapades. Let's ban The Flintstones for just being an annoyingly crap cartoon.

Where is political correctness going to end?

Sometimes I think the world is going mad. Sometimes I think it's already got there.

No comments: