Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Backlash

I read about the two Asian guys getting thrown off the Monarch flight after the rest of the passengers refused to fly with them. I don't know how suspicious they were being, how oddly it looked that they were dressed in coats and sweaters in summer from a hot country. I don't know if they were deliberately marking themselves out to make a point or what.

I don't think it really matters. I wonder if this is this a hint of the kind of a backlash we might experience with the lack of integration in our country. The slowly building resentment that so many allowances have been made at the expense of our own culture.

What would I have done on that plane? Would I have made a brave stand for democracy and stood upto them and insisted they be allowed to fly? Would I have got as scared and been howling for them to be taken off the plane? Would I have just kept quiet and gone along with the crowd.

Who knows. I don't. I am just scared to think of whats coming.

No comments: