Sunday, September 24, 2006

Saturday

Tonight my ex and I were chatting as I dropped the boy off. I was being nosey and teased her about dating and she finally told me about the guy I know she has been receiving text messages from for months. It turns out to be the guy who was her first lover, so so many years ago when she was young and on holiday. I knew she had started talking to him again just before we split, just as friends. He has been asking her out since April and she finally went to see him last week.

I have to say I think its so sweet. I think its sweet she finally hooked up with someone that respected her enough and was sensitive enough to wait til she was ready to go even one step more. I'm also a terrible incorrigable old romantic and the thought of her ending up with her first lover, now an age gap doesnt matter and things have changed. Well it makes a nice little click with me that makes me go "awwwww". We talked, I told her I was proud of her for taking it slow, that she was a daft so and so for not telling me before, that she should just stay over next week rather than make such a long journey as the boy and I were fine and she could still get back if she were really needed. I also told her point blank, without being nosey, that if something did happen between them I was still going to file for the divorce after the two years seperation and anything that happened wouldnt get dragged into it.

I do find these weekends a little difficult, the ones where the boy has to be back at his mums on the Sat evening as he has a party to go to. I miss him so much and it feels hard to cram everything into a few hours, especially as we have to linger near where he lives to avoid wasting the time. Today we went shopping for his mums birthday present for next month and we had fun. Popped into see my nan on the way home for her birthday. He is such a delight. Even that short time today was so wonderful. Ending it with feeling so good for the ex, that was a pretty good day.

No comments: