Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mine

My car is in for its MOT today, to get it checked over and prove she is motorworthy again for another year. I have to admit I'm kinda nervous, that car has done me well over the last 3 years but she is getting on and slowly slowly little bits are starting working. If she can get through just one more time... Its a shame, she is such a good little runner, its stupid things. The sunroof leaks now (much to the amusement of the boy when we drive off and a thin stream of water runs down over the passenger or driver depending on which way you turn). The drivers door lock was gashed and rendered unusuable by a screwdriver attack by someone that tried to steal it a few months back (I felt SO violated at that, my car is basically all I walked away with when we seperated. She is MINE.). She leaks oil and coolant a little. Just little things of old age. But, she runs like a dream, drives like a princess, steers like she knows what I am thinking and she eats those country roads hugging the corners and shocking everyone that such a naff old looking car can move quite that sharpish. She is mine and when time comes I will be so sad to see her go. Just one more year though. Please.

No comments: