Sunday, September 10, 2006

The boots are made for...

We had to stop into the shops on the way home, embarrasingly yesterday while crouching on the grass watching the display I'd realised the reason my boots were letting in water was because the Scottish rain had managed to completely dissolve the soles on holiday... Whooooops.

So we swung by the shoe shop, promising the boy it would be quick. It was. Chosen paid for and ready to go in under 5mins. God its good being a guy sometimes. Annnnnd only 10quid too. The last pair lasted a year so I am not going to stick my nose up.

Anyway as I walked out the door I finally realised what was most important in a relationship. The one non-negotiable thing. Many other things we can work around but this... Nope. I'm sorry I have to be firm. There was a girl trying on a calf length pair of boots with front lacing and I had to hurry the boy out of the shop quickly before I puddled and offered to help.

You have GOT to let me lace up your boots. Ankle boots, calf length, thigh length... I don't mind. Anything else, we can work around ;-).

No comments: