Sunday, September 24, 2006

Like naughty school kids

What a completely hysterical day. I can't remember when I quite laughed so much. The plan had been to go to a car boot sale this morning and then maybe a pub lunch. When we woke it was pouring with rain so we faffed around and groused about it until it cleared up. Well I faffed and she groused. She is very good at that. If it were an olympic sport it'd be a dead cert who would win. She also enjoys it far too much to disillusion her. Well once we had finally decided to get our butts out the door with the next door neighbour and drive to the car boot the fun started. Its hard to describe the relationship I have with the landlady. We've finally settled into a comfortable banter and teasing without being worried too much about what goes on, as well as a close friendship where we can talk about pretty much everything. Things are definitely a lot simpler since she knew all about my tastes and inclinations. We can joke or tease about it and its just fun.

This did mean though constant teasing as we went around the boot sale. From comments in the car about "the house boy"to the neighbour, to pointing at a pink slinky silky thing hanging from someones stall and saying that'd suit me, to various comments regarding the bunny tail of a soft toy. I really do not know what our neighbour ended up thinking. Considering the amount I bitched back she probably just gave up trying to know what to think. I have to admit, I had got a few good comments in earlier in the morning... the coffee spluttering choking kind ;-).

As it was early we ended up at the local market and then home for lunch. The rest of the day kind of carried on the same way. I am not sure quite why or how... but we ended up giggling like school kids for most of the day. Its now 9pm and I have no idea where the time has gone. We dont seem to have done anything, but its lovely. From washing the mud off the car from the field for the car boot, to just smoozing round the house, to trying to set up her mp3 ringtones on her phone (I have never seen someone get QUITE so excited about setting up ring tones or groups on their phone. For some reason I appear to be the sole occupant of a group labelled "humiliation sluts" - I really have no idea what her bf will think when he next see's her phone).

So now we are nicely warmed up, having talked to some mutual friends, teased, laughed, giggled and eating home made bread and butter pudding with brandy. This day has just flown by, and i can't remember a Sunday quite like it just forever. I miss the boy, but for once... relaxing, not doing that 2 1/2 hr drive to drop the boy off, enjoying good company... This has been such a perfect Sunday.

No comments: