Saturday, September 09, 2006

Naked

I love being naked. There is something about being naked that is so pure and simple and unencombered. It's like finally there are no masks, its just me. There is nothing to hide behind its just me. Strangely though, it doesnt feel vulnerable, it doesnt feel scary, it just feels natural. I am normally pretty self-conscious, in fact I used to be so self-conscious about my appearance I wouldnt have mirrors in my old house. I always felt awkward and gawky at how skinny I was and the comments it brings.

Now, I just look at mirrors if I have to, don't exactly like what I see but its just what always looks back at me. As for skinny? Yes I am, but its me. The big revelation though is no longer does seeing myself naked invoke revulsion... its just nice. No its more than nice. Its comfortable. Its natural. Its preferable. I like sleeping naked. I like walking around naked. There is a luxurious decadence in sleeping naked and feeling the sheets against your skin from head to toe. There is a delicious freedom in walking around the house with the cool air against your skin. I think the thing I like most though is how it makes me feel. Calm. Focussed. Peaceful. Its very hard to wear any masks from others or yourself when all thats there is you. The worst you'll see is a shy smile turning into a soft grin that yup... thats me.

No comments: