Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rocky Horror Snobbery

OK so I admit it. I may be a Rocky Horror snob. I really enjoyed it tonight, the music as always is great, its just so funny but.. last time I saw it was in a small club, all standing, everyone joined in shouting at the cast and it was hysterical. We all danced along to all the scenes even me doing my totally uncoordinated slightly uncomfortable looking jiggle. The timewarp of course was chaos...

Tonight though... was in a theatre. Seated. It didn't have quite the same energy and buzz everyone sitting... The cast were damn good though, even if Rocky was a little on the weedy side. During the time warp only 5 girls at the front row stood up and danced. Thank heavens for the two or three that were throwing some of the more key audience partic-i-pation comments back... they made it so funny by the end. The audience (small as it was... barely a quarter full) gave such a raptuous response to the cast taking their bow that they kept coming back til finally, finally they did the time warp encore. This time I am glad to say everyone was on there feet and I loved every minute of it. Now thats how its done :). Even the guys dressed in suits. Hmmmm. Hmmmmm. An image of Reading that will now haunt me ;-)

It was great... I love it. Where else do you get a musical that has simulated blow jobs and pictures of anal sex? Oh and great freaking music.

It was hard going on my own... this was the sort of thing I would have gone to with my ex, and that left me feeling kind of down after the interval, but I am really glad I went and have a quiet smile back on my face now.


Oh and for the record, scary as it is... Frank-n-furter was DEFINITELY the sexiest out of the cast.

No comments: