Thursday, January 04, 2007

Weary weeks

This week has been tiring so far. After the long Christmas break getting back into the swing of 6am starts, the walk to the station, the day at work, walk home to the quiet house... Well its been a challenge. Work has been fairly quiet thankfully and its been nice to get some stuff done and slowly get back into the frustrations of the working week. Also it has been wonderful catching up with those I get to speak to during the day, spending time with them. That was one thing I truly missed, even though they were with me in my thoughts. That comfortable silence you can fall into when you don't need to talk.

The thing I've noticed though is that weariness though when I get in at home, really having to drive myself to make sure I eat and tidy up and occupy the evening usefully. Another side-effect is this week I've had to carry my laptop with me to and from work (being on-call) so am definitely quite achy. Thats another deterrent from sitting writing in the evenings, on top of the weariness. So an abscence of bloggage despite knowing exactly what i wanted to say! I have got on though, emails, catching up on reading, a story written over two evenings. I know I will get less tired as I settle back in a routine again.

No comments: