Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thunder

So. An old idea has found its time.



Last year a good friend invited me to come with her to Thunder in the Mountains in July in Denver this year, after she went last year. Well, it was more of a challenge as back then I was so hiding from everything I wouldn't even chase my own tail. Hell that was before I had a tail... I know I ran from everything then, and that was before Mistress decided she wasn't going to let me run anymore and would just go after me if I did (thankyou!).



This has come back to me in so many ways since then. People I've come across that also went there. People who planned to go again. Things have changed, I've certainly changed...



So it came up again last night, with another friend. The comment that those I've had the pleasure of talking to online hope to be there and I would be welcome.



This is a big step for me. Both in meeting up with these people and going to such an event. This has... been there for so long and it some how seems to fit for me, you know, like there are somethings that you just can't get away from... more Kismet. I have just about made my mind up, that yes... I am going to go. I know there is someone there I can go with who will put my welfare above her own enjoyment of the event and who would not be bitter or cross if encouraging me or ensuring I was ok took her away from things. That makes me feel very very safe in a way I didn't think I would be. I know I wouldn't be a burden, no matter what happened or how we did or didn't get on. She kinda reminds me of Cuzi in that way. Some people have so much to give you can just feel they want to do it.



I'd like to know then... from people.



What's a big kink event like? What are your experiences? Those who have been to Thunder what did you think of it? Those who are going, say hi :). When you first went to a big event how did you feel? Is it too big a step for someone like me thats just a pup thats so new and stepping out into this big wide world? Is it just the right sort of big step, throw yourself in with someone you know will hold your hand and then find, well it wasn't actually a big step at all?



I really would appreciate any comments.



Thankyou!

No comments: