Sunday, January 21, 2007

Priorities

The ex-to-be's appointment has come through now. Its on Mon 12th Feb and starts at 8.30am. She will be in all day for various tests, with various things being inserted in various places. Thats kind of a bitch in timing. I am going to be working that weekend (maybe) as they are performing a shutdown of one of our development sites and then bringing the servers back up again... As some of those servers have been up for over a 1000 days, even if the planned "test" reboot works, I suspect we will have problems so have been put on dedicated standby. If there are problems they may well carry over into the monday, with missing network routes, and other stuff which was done to the servers but not made permament because well.. of people not quite doing what they should.

My first thought was of oh god no thats awkward I really need to be at work but. No, blow it. I spent too much time while we were together getting my priorities wrong in a misconveived thought I was doing the right thing by providing for the family. So, I am going to tell my boss I need to work from her house that day so I can get her to the hospital and collect her and I will stay over night after her sedation to make sure she is ok. I'm planning to leave about 6am and drive back to home so I can then get the train into work on the Tuesday so she has someone there overnight. Hopefully I will make it to her house on the Sunday so she can have company while she ummm purges her system through the day as I am sure she will not be in exactly her best. Screw it, I made mistakes in my priorities while we were together, not any more. She is not my responsibility, but she is family and I will put the important things first.

No comments: