Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cooking

Last Thurs I started my cooking course. Its ten weeks, and just for men. I was really rushed by time I got there, it was the day of the big storms in the UK so the trains were running late, so I was running late, so I was rushed. I hate being rushed, it puts me on edge. I also don't handle new things well, I get nervous and tense, uptight, my back tightens, I get quiet. So, I went in and was deliberately talkative and smiled lots and pushed myself and had so much fun. Everyone else in the class turned out to be over 60 and either their wives had finally had enough and sent them out to learn how to cook, or they had been widowed recently.

We made minestrone soup and eves pudding the first night, and I enjoyed the cooking, getting out and the company. It was a really good evening if a late one. It also started good habits. The boy and I had pizza at the weekend, but we made it from scratch, base and all and it was yummy. This week was Lasagne, and a new guy turned up about my age. It was really good to get out after the day I'd have and the Lasagne was really good, and I had enough left over to split and freeze into four more portions. The left over home-made bolegense went well with baked potatoes. Two proper meals! Now I just need to keep disciplined!


No comments: