Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mundane things

Last night, as I was so tired, I got home and forced myself to get on.



Cleaned the kitchen, tidied up the bedrooms. Finally put all the boxes and stuff back up in the Attic where they had been piled in the spare room from Christmas. Picked up a new kettle from the shops to replace the one that blew on Saturday and then wired it in through the weird route through the kitchen countertops to the plug underneath. Emptied the bins. Swept the floors. Tidied the lounge. Put the laundry on. Put the dishwasher on for its weekly use rather than handwashed. Made dinner. Rearranged the stuff on the kitchen worktops to give more room. Started making lists of things I need to do, for the house, things I need to look up or do online, things I need to do at work. Did my work from 10pm which went without a hitch. I didn't even put the tv on til I started work, just listened to music which was really nice as I could hear it through the whole house. Watched just that one thing while I worked (The Lost Room, which was pretty good).



Finally crawled into bed about 11pm feeling I'd actually done something for once, and knowing I had a list of the things I needed to work through tonight. When I'm this tired, I get distracted easily, forget things, jump from one thing to another, never get anything done. I find this very very frustrating... hence the lists and being glad I'd actually done something.



Still woke up about 3 times though in the night. Today, this morning. I feel that weird thing of less physically tired... yet still mentally and emotionally worn out. I need to keep a check on myself as thats kind of the point where I have enough energy to go completely nuts at myself, as I'm just tired.



Tonight. Back to the things on the list, probably remembering lots of others too...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pup:

When I'm good, which is rarely, I work with a timer. Set it for 15 minutes and work on one task till the biiiinnnnnngggg goes off, and then onto the other petit project.

Works for me in getting things done, occasionally.

Unfortunately, I have all the time in the world to do one miniscule task. Motivation is stifled.

Right now am reading another novel, and that too is stifling my motivation and thinking.

Have not thought of new blogs!! Am in an intellectually limited phase of my day. Novels tend to limit my thinking.

Need to return to reading clasics.

Cheers, My Friend, Maggy, we're in a quasi blog, so its Maggy.....lol.

Plus, there is no Spell Check here. Stamps feet and takes a swig of her coffee!!