Monday, November 06, 2006

Offers

Something happened Friday night when I got home from work that left me a little shell-shocked. Well more than a little, so much so I couldn't speak and just had to forward the email to a couple of friends as I couldnt even paraphrase it. The last interview I went to... the one I knew I had no chance of getting as I had totally the wrong experience and skillset... Well they emailed me Friday night to say they were recommending me for the position, pending HR approval.

This was an oh my god I don't know what to think moment, as I really did not expect this. There was no way this could happen but it did... and it just goes to show. I may not be too bad at this after all and it left me with a very warm feeling about it all. After a weekend of consideration and rereading my blog, I'm going to let them know I don't want the application to proceed. Its too much of a pay drop and the things I wrote before still stand. I would get frustrated and its not the place for me, for now. See, blogging helps *smile* i don't have to re-remember the things I thought and decided I can go back and peek and check. I know I was thinking fairly clearly then as I really did not expect an offer so I could think without pressure, so I stand by that decision.

But... but... *smiles softly* I am kinda proud of myself.

No comments: