Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Days

A tired day at work is a weird one. Sometimes it seems to go fast, sometimes it seems to go slowly. I always seem to end up working late for some reason, I guess to compensate for the fact I think I didn't really concentrate.

I'm glad I sent that email in the night, the head of the Customer Systems read it before a 9am meeting we knew nothing about and weren't invited to. Apparently he mentioned the email but didn't understand it so came to talk to us afterwards. We discussed the options and he went away happy to talk to people. That felt good.

Had a meeting which we really weren't keen on having, more stuff dragged up from the past. I think my tiredness reduced my tolerance and reticence so I went in and just put our point of view over and how things were going to be, before they really had a chance to start speaking. That was the end of it! It was so nice to not have another pointless meeting drag on and waste more time.

More annoyingly later... the design guy came down, and we mentioned about the CRM system. Seems now that its become politically interesting they are interested and have decided a mere 30k on a new system will provide the resilience. 30k!! thats peanuts! This problem has been there for over 2 years and has been raised by us so many times, falling on deaf ears. So many times they have said it would cost too much, etc, etc. Its so frustrating, so much time wasted because they didn't want to get involved and now an arbitary decision such a small system would cover it.

In a way it makes me wonder why I bothered... but to be honest I think without it it wouldnt have provoked them to make any contribution, so it still was worth it. The other alternatives suggested previously were... nuts.

Have to see the bright side, don't you?

No comments: