Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Goodbyes

So tonight I had to say goodbye to the coffee girl as I'm on a course for the next few days and she is off emigrating (which I think is a bit extreme way to get away from me, I was never THAT obviously crushing).

I popped upto say goodbye and she told me I was walking her to the train station after work. It was nice in a typically me way, lol. She was 10mins late, on the phone to her bf, met one of her other friends outside who we walked with and we just chatted til we got to the train station and she gave me a hug. She said she'll email to let me know how she is and I hope she does.

I'm just glad I didn't let my shyness at finding someone attractive to stop me from giving them a warm smile, a cheery hi, a harmless flirt and to reach out a couple of times when she needed someone to help. I am glad I gave her a card to say goodbye and gave my email address... despite the teasing from others at work. I am above all thankful I didn't let my reservations and fears at being rejected... from stopping me doing what I love most, just being nice and friendly and wanting to help.

It kinda feels good, even though I'll miss her.

No comments: