Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Better

So its been a few days since I posted.

I came back from my parents so glad I had taken time off for myself. I spent a lot of time down there just enjoying the company, listening to the boy play, listening to them chat together and just letting it wash over me. Sleeping, lazing and watching DVD's and generally letting time pass in the company of those I love and who love me. A little sleep, a little food, a little fresh air in the glorious sun. Nothing too much of anything as I did tire out really easily.

I came back Sunday feeling a lot more relaxed even if very weary. My head a lot straighter thats for sure and more peaceful. I asked my ex to meet me at my house for once, to save me the extra two hours of the journey and was glad she agreed (isn't it nice being amicable?). It was also a real treat to me as it was the first time I'd had someone visit me at the house. Yes I did that running round making sure the house was perfect thing I do, especially as I hadn't been expecting to come straight back here. It was a good few hours, she liked the house, the boy showed off (as they do) and we popped into town for some lunch. She also dropped her PC off and picked up a laptop, so I can rebuild her PC.

I must have been relaxed... Later in the evening she phoned as she couldn't get the laptop to work, couldnt use the little rubber-nipple-pointer in the middle of the keyboard, couldnt get the internet to work... and gave a large dose of "i'm no good at this, just don't worry about it...", getting more and more frustrated and bitchy. I took a deep breath and told her i'd call back and we slowly sorted it out. The cables she hadn't touched had mysteriously rewired themselves between router and modem. I was pretty chuffed I'd handled it well and she hadn't got to me, at least that I was feeling better enough to not let her get to me.

This has felt a long week so far. By early afternoon I've felt weary, by the time I've got home I've been worn out so haven't tried to push it and have just let the evening go by, hence not writing... I just didn't have the energy for it. Tonight I actually feel a bit better and a bit more alive. A few more good nights sleep and get rid of this cough and hey, I might be back to full strength :).

No comments: