Sunday, June 17, 2007

Work work work

Friday was SUCH a busy day at work. In fact the end of the week was. I was happily working on one thing in the week, as I was supposed to, when someone needs some help to do something... so I give them info and stuff, then need to configure some servers for them. That's ok, I can fit it in somewhere and the guy was kinda cute anyway.

Then another project goes in. Super-important (as always). Forgotten or assumed requirements (uhuh), infrastructure changes needed that they had forgot to arrange (typical), must be live by the beginning of July... testing is due to start now (shock, horror, surprise). So that blows half of Thursday and all of Friday out. Leaving me not doing my main project work, nor the favour I was doing for someone else. So ontop of the evening work each night this week, I now have work overnight tonight (Sunday) for 2nd interrpuption project too and am in the office today (Sunday) to do the 1st interrpution work.

Anyhoo... Friday as I was late leaving work I stopped off at the movies on the way home. It was a choice between Oceans 13 and Fantastic Four #2. As I felt frazzled and wanted light fluff I went for FF#2 and have to say I really enjoyed it. It was silly, it was frantic, it was melodramatic, it had science holes in it you could swing a supernova through but it was just joyous action super-hero fiction with larger than life goodies and baddies and everything simplified to such a very simple level but in an exuberant way. In the same way that spider-man is angst ridden, FF isn't... Oh and as always flooded with very very very cute girls. Kinda nice to know that films can still just be fun! Will take the boy back to see it next week as I'm sure he'll love it. I can ignore the plot then and just oggle.

No comments: