Monday, June 25, 2007

Old friends

In the middle of making new friends, I got closer to old ones too. I'm going to see Snow Patrol with someone i've known online for a while and her partner wanted to meet me before she went (which is totally understandable!) so I took the day off last Tuesday and drove the 100 miles to go meet them both.

It's a strange thing when someone stops being words on a screen or on the phone and you see their face, their expression, their smile, their body language... but its also a wonderful thing. I was nervous but no where near as nervous as I used to be. Most nervous about meeting her partner though as I've never even spoke to him before. I knew he must be a good guy though, to be with her, and I've heard good things about him from others.

Like most of my close friends, we've shared up and down times, not just casual hello's and chat but made a closer connection. Seeing someone from the inside out is weird, but it works for me.

It was a 2 1/2hr drive and I arrived about 11am and they were both totally lovely. Completely warm, genuine, friendly people that made me feel very welcome. She was exactly like I imagined her and we chatted happily about things and I hope it wasn't too strained on their side either. Apparently I blush a lot easier than I realise and she took great delight in pointing out to me and I giggled lots squirming and not knowing quite where to look. She also took a playful swat at my ass with a flogger as I went to get my tail from the car to show them. OK it was only a playful flick through my jeans but omg *purrrr* ummm yes yummy.

It's also the first time I've really chatted in person with an experienced male sub who wasn't just a pain slut (as many have been at the few munches I went to) and it made me feel a lot more comfortable with who I am to see someone that obviously had so many similar reactions... it was very reaffirming and I came away feeling a lot more settled about that side of me, who and what I am.

Her kids came home, so we helped one with their homework, had pizza, then played Wii games (i know how to influence kids, so i'd bought mine!) til 8pm when it was time for me to reluctantly go home.

What did I love most? The time spent with friends. The chance to actually hug a friend rather than it just be words. The opportunity to just sit and purrr and relax and be myself without catching my words or worrying about being thought "odd" because of my tastes. The chance to quietly rub her feet in my lap and know she understood I was doing it just because I loved to, not because I wanted anything else.

People are great :)

1 comment:

Dream` said...

*slips in and scricthes you*

oh you DO blush!! and wriggle and squirm...

It was a great day, we both (then the kids) had a great time :)