Friday, May 04, 2007

Sometimes you wish the ground would open up...

Sometimes something so funny happens it just makes you laugh after, and in fact want to laugh during.  I've had two of those tonight.



Mum's come to stay and the boy is here too so I met them both in Reading to get the train back.  It was packed, being a Friday evening, so we were in the corridor when the boy straightens up and turns to me and says "Dad, sit up, there's some reaaaaaally pretty girls coming".  As I'm looking at him in shock these two cute early twenty somethings walk past... and the boy assumes this really silly cute sweet look and grin on his face.  I just died.  Mum turned to me when they had gone and said "you've gone really red...".  Thanks for pointing that out, and I didn't even know I was blushing! Maybe I blush more than I thought.



The second, and completely hysterical event, happened tonight.  The spare bed needed the duvet cover put on but I struggle with the king by myself so had left it ready for Mum to help.  So we unroll the clean duvet cover and there, caught up in from the laundry was a pair of girls grey underwear shorts with pretty pink trim.  Mum turns to me and asks "they aren't yours are they?".  I have no idea if I went red... I told her the landlady had given me stuff to bring home as washing (which was true) and threw them in her cupboard.  I have no idea whether she believed me, because of course they *are* mine.  There are moments you wish the ground would open up!





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: