Saturday, April 14, 2007

Paws

After the dust settled of losing my owner (but finding I had regained a very special friend), I started to think about the things which I hadn't thought of. The things now that were just mine.

One of the hardest (but most needed) things was to remove the tag from my collar. Suddenly I was collarless, both in a D/s sense but also... well, I'm a puppy!! How can a puppy not have a collar? One thing I became quickly sure of was I am a puppy. I'm still a puppy. I had some moments when I wondered what I was, and what had been her wishes for me. A friend kept calling me pup still... and it just clicked inside whenever she did.

So I knew.

I knew it was me.

So what to do about my collar. I needed to make it mine again. A puppy can't be without a name. They don't necessarily need an Owner but they need a name. So what was my name? Well. Of course, I still had a name. Kitty. It's what she named me, as I purr, but she named me it as its me. The puppy called kitty who purrs. It's still my name *smile* I still wanted that name, for me. I asked her if she was ok with that (as a... I care for not hurting my friends, not an I need permission) and she beamed.

OK so the feminine duality of it isn't lost on me either :P

So the collar? Well I had a name. I needed a name tag. So I've ordered one.

I don't want an Owner at the moment. I may never want an Owner again. My needs maybe very different now. I may want a partner instead... with whatever different dynamic that brings. The time for being owned maybe passed, or it may come again. I don't know and I am not second guessing the future. I just know I don't need to be Owned to be me, so am content at the moment.

So I've ordered a name tag with "kitty" on one side, and a paw print on the other. It feels kinda perfect.

A puppy name tag. Not a property tag.

My name. My collar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhh, a purring puppy kitten, how unique, how sensitive, ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm going to cry that I did not see your intent, your kind rhythm on Gaia.

Oh, and this damned thingamajig does not have Spell Check!!

WEGging Domina