Saturday, April 28, 2007

Kids playing

Today has been a lovely day. My ex and boy are going out to a family birthday party so I can't have him tonight. Instead I came to her house and was with him here while she was out and will stay here overnight. I could have taken him out but he was having so much fun with his best friend Chloe outside that we stayed here (wish I had bought a book!!). So we had a delightful afternoon and I got him to ask if she wanted to come in and play on the computer. They played neopets for a bit. Played games in the house. Chloe's mum bought them both MacDonalds for lunch and they sat and ate lovely. Sat drawing and making Tardises and monsters from Doctor Who (lol, a match made in heaven those two!). Sat and had a snack, then dinner round Chloe's Nan's house. Two noisy lovely happy children.

It's been such a tonic to listen to them play. I knew it would come when he would want to both come and see me but also want to spend time with his friends at the weekend. I am glad he got chance to play all day with his friend. I really love my time with him but I am NOT going to get in the way and we will keep reaching the compromises that work. Looking at my early blogs, I was so wrapped up in life being about the boy and work and that was it. I was really worried about what would happen when he didn't want to come see me every week. Now, now we may be approaching those times I am just smiling, glad to see them, glad to share them, glad we'll enjoy them together... the times we are together, the times we aren't. Now I'm going to look forward to the things I can do when he wants his space... the things I can do when I want mine... and the things we can do when we want each other.

No comments: