Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Work. Grumbles.

This is the sort of thing that leaves me to coming out of work with a headache and feeling frustrated every day and wondering what I've achieved. I've tried to avoid blogging about work as I don't want to seem like I am whining all the time, but I want to write about it for once.

We've been working on a project to investigate various things. We produced a report. We had it reviewed by our "colleagues" in the design team. They had a few comments. We addressed them. We sent out the report to the customer.

Today we had an email from our design time, addressed to the customer stating that the report was hard to draw conclusions from due to its lack of an overall summary, etc, etc. I have to admit I was furious. We gave them ample opportunity to be involved in the investigations (they weren't). We received back review comments (nothing about that, more about technical and political points). They approved it.

THEN after it was approved and issued they make negative comments about it directly to our (and their) customer.

This is beyond unprofessional and is fairly bloody typical of this place.

I really do try to come into work with a positive attitude in the morning. I really do.

No comments: