Tuesday, February 26, 2008

STOP PRESS!!

STOP PRESS!

Work does have a purpose. I discovered it after going back to work yesterday. For some various reasons I was feeling fairly down on myself on Sunday night and Monday morning and in a generally pissy attitude against the whole world. A mixture of tiredness from the trip, being hungry at odd hours and an irritation I had had with my family whilst I was away that still lingered.

So I went to work in a basically shitty mood, not much alleviated by the fact my train was cancelled (a contrast to the buses we got whilst in San Francisco which were cheap and ontime). I was kind of expecting to find work annoying as I was in a bad mood but I had the control subject in my team leader who also came back from holiday that day. If he ended up in a bad mood from work, then it wasn't just me ;-). Voila! Within half hour I was very pissed off at my manager and I started to feel so much happier! See, work has a purpose! It stops you being pissed off at the whole world and gets you to be pissed off at specific things! What would we do without it????

No comments: