Sunday, February 04, 2007

Calls

I'm a funny thing when it comes to phone calls. I work with phone companies but phones make me nervous. Well, talking to people on them anyway. Maybe its because you can't see the others face...



This morning a friend in the USA told me she wanted my number to call me for the first time for a chat. This put me into my instant nervous wreck mode, both excited and nervous and tongue tied, just as always. Well I let her call and it was SO nice to put a voice to a person and a face. OK, so I did my english blithering idiot thing where I ramble nervously to make sure I don't have to stop and think what I am doing... but fortunately many Americans seem to find that endearing in a furriner ;-). I have a feeling she may have found it just a tad amusing... oh the burdens i have to endure :).



But, it did leave me with a big smile on my face for the rest of the morning I spent snuggled with the boy watching a movie. It was so very very nice and unexpected to move her to the "have talked to" category and to have a voice in my head whenever I read an email or some words.



Isn't it just great how small the world is now?

No comments: