Monday, June 09, 2008

Feeling too old?

I have been reminded of the film Logan's Run recently. You know, where people get to a certain age and then are eliminated from society. Apparently this is now happening on social networking sites.

The following was given as one explanation as to why one particular site had deleted a “huge number of accounts” recently. “You are over 36 years old”.

“We understand that only a minority of older users are sex offenders, but you must understand that we cannot tell which”, it says in it's explanation of the deletion.

I am not quite sure which I find more worrying. That I may find myself terminated first from the internet (and then the way this government is going, from life) or that a switch went off in my head last December and apparently I may become a sex offender at any minute.

I will be eyeing up suspiciously from now on all those with profiles listing they are in their 40's...

No comments: